Gainesville, VA Pest Control
Pest Control In Gainesville, VA
With mild winters and hot, humid summers, Gainesville is a desirable place to settle down – for people and pests!
If you are looking for high-quality Prince William County pest control that you can trust, look no further than Viewpoint Pest Management Solutions. We are a family-owned and operated pest control company that works hard to provide the best pest control solutions to Gainesville and the surrounding areas.
Here’s what you need to know about pest control in Gainesville and how Viewpoint Pest Management Solutions can help.
Residential Pest Control In Gainesville
Living in Virginia means putting up with an ongoing onslaught of dangerous and nuisance pests, but with services from Viewpoint Pest Management Solutions, you won’t have to deal with pests or the issues they bring to local homes.
We provide an eight-step solution designed to provide maximum results for local pest concerns. These steps include:
- Inspection and Identification
- Locating Source and Conducive Conditions
- Developing Non-Pesticide Solutions
- Developing Treatment Solution
- Setting the Expectation
- Scheduling Next Service
We also offer a variety of home pest control plans to meet your needs and budget.
Call today to request your free inspection and determine which plan is right for your home.
Your Guide To Stinging Insects In Gainesville
Stinging insects are found all over Gainesville; regardless of the species, their stingers pack a punch. There are a variety of stinging insects that become problematic in area yards, including:
- Paper Wasps: These wasps are dark brown with yellow markings, long legs, and thin waists. They grow up to 3/4 of an inch in length and are known for their distinctive umbrella-shaped nests. Paper wasps often nest from branches, porch ceilings, door frames, soffits, eaves, rafters, or floor joists.
- European Hornets: These wasps are also brown. They have yellow abdominal stripes and pale faces but grow much longer than paper wasps at 1 1/2 inches in length. European hornets are social insects and live in colonies containing hundreds of members. They often nest in hollow trees, barns, outbuildings, or the hollow walls of houses and attics.
- Bald-Faced Hornets: These hornets are primarily black and have long wasp-like bodies, and are known for the white pattern on their face. They grow to be just over half an inch in length. They also live in colonies of up to 400 members and build their nests three or more feet off the ground in trees, shrubs, overhangs, homes, or sheds.
All these insects are predatory species that help control other populations, and their stings can be dangerous when they settle too close to our properties.
You can minimize your risk of stings by cleaning up after outdoor meals, minimizing standing water on your property, and avoiding too many flowering plants and bushes near your home’s exterior. For more thorough pest control for stinging insects and other pests, call on the professionals at Viewpoint Pest Management Solutions.
How Gainesville Residents Can Fight Back Against Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes in Gainesville can sometimes seem like an inescapable part of spending time outdoors. Still, you don’t need to put up with their constant buzzing or the dangerous diseases they spread.
Some of the best ways to reduce the mosquito population around your Gainesville property are reducing standing water and maintaining landscaping.
Some of the ways to do this include:
- Fix leaks and maintain gutters and other drainage systems.
- Empty out collected rainwater after each storm.
- Treat or cycle water in pools, birdbaths, and other water features on a regular basis.
- Keep grass cut short and trim overgrown bushes and trees.
- Limit the number of flowering plants on your property.
These tips can help reduce the number of mosquitoes near your home, but for total mosquito control, your best bet is to enlist the help of Viewpoint Pest Management Solutions.
At Viewpoint Pest Management Solutions, we can put regular mosquito control services in place to greatly reduce the number of these biting insects on your property.
Are Ants In Gainesville Bugging You Already?
Ants are often considered nuisance pests, but depending on the species, they can do a lot of harm. In addition to colonizing your home, ants contaminate food, spread illness, damage property, and deliver painful stings.
You can keep ants out of your property by eliminating their access to food, water, and shelter. In order to do this, you’ll need to be mindful of even the smallest crumbs left out, clean up spills, and store food in airtight containers. Control excess moisture by fixing leaks, maintaining drainage, and using dehumidifiers. To minimize sheltering opportunities, seal gaps and cracks in your exterior walls and foundation, install weatherstripping and door sweeps, and remove brush piles and other harborage areas from your lawn.
If ants have already made their way into your property, it’s time to call the professionals at Viewpoint Pest Management Solutions. We can eliminate current infestations and help you protect your home against future populations with our ant control solutions. Call today to schedule a free, no-obligation inspection for your home.