Fredericksburg, VA Pest Control
Quality Pest Control In Fredericksburg, VA
Living in a historic town that attracts many tourists and is close to a big city has both benefits and drawbacks. The benefits of living in Fredericksburg are many. They include having the best of urban and suburban living, access to a wide variety of restaurants, shops, and activities, and engaging in many outdoor activities. One of the drawbacks is the heavy traffic you experience almost anywhere you go.
Most would agree that the positives far outweigh the negatives when living in Fredericksburg. Some might complain about the prolific nature of pests in our city, but the reality is that pests are a problem no matter where you live. If you love your life in Fredericksburg, you can put measures in place to protect your home from pests so that you don’t have to worry about them. If you need Stafford County pest control, Viewpoint Pest Management Solutions provides high-quality services with honesty, integrity, and fair treatment.
Residential Pest Control In Fredericksburg
Protecting your home from pests shouldn’t be something you put on the backburner due to financial constraints. Pest control is essential to every Fredericksburg home because a house that isn’t protected from pests is at risk of damage and is home to a family at risk of getting injured or falling ill due to pests. No family should forgo this protection because they can’t afford it.
At Viewpoint Pest Management Solutions, we make our home pest control prices affordable so every family can get the necessary services. As a family-owned company, we understand your concerns about pests and work hard to provide the comprehensive pest control services you need for a safe and healthy home. Our various pest control service options ensure you’ll find the one that works for your home.
Things You Can Do Now In Fredericksburg To Prevent Stinging Insects This Summer
Stinging insects in Fredericksburg are alive and well all through the spring, summer, and fall. Although we get a brief reprieve from them in the winter, the queens wake up in early spring ready to build their nests, lay their eggs, and get their colonies up and running.
Since springtime is when colonies are at their smallest, it’s also the perfect time to make your property unappealing to stinging insects. If the queen doesn’t choose your property to build her nest, you’ll have fewer problems with stinging insects throughout the summer. What can you do now to prevent stinging insects this summer?
- Remove food sources, including the food you bring outside.
- Keep trash cans stored away from your house and with tightly fitting lids.
- Consider relocating fruit trees if they are near the areas where you spend time outdoors.
- Consider moving flowering plants away from high-traffic areas.
- Fill gaps, cracks, and holes around the exterior of your house that insects could use to build nests.
- Check your roofline and eaves frequently to look for the start of a stinging insect nest.
If you find a nest, don’t try to remove it on your own. This can be dangerous to your health because stinging insects become aggressive and repeatedly sting if they feel threatened. Instead, let the experts at Viewpoint Pest Management Solutions take care of it. We can safely remove the nest so you can enjoy your Fredericksburg yard in peace.
Four Simple Tricks To Keep Rodents Out Of Your Fredericksburg Home
If you have a fear of rodents, you’re not alone. Rodents are one of the pests people worry about the most, and there are good reasons to feel this way. A rodent infestation is one of the most destructive infestations to end up with, and it’s also one of the most dangerous to your health.
Avoiding a rodent infestation is the best way to prevent the problems they cause. Although it takes a little work, it is well worth the trouble to keep rodents out of your Fredericksburg house. These four simple tricks will help:
- Don’t leave out any potential food sources. Inside, keep food stored in tightly closed containers, clean up spills, messes, and crumbs, take out the trash regularly, and do your dishes frequently. Outside, remove bird food, pet food, and other possible food sources.
- Reduce water sources. This means ensuring you don’t have any leaking pipes and reducing moisture in your house. Outside, this means eliminating standing water, getting the sun to areas that tend to hold moisture, and ensuring you don’t have leaky spigots.
- Keep harborage areas to a minimum. Remove the places rodents can hide by keeping your grass trimmed and your yard free of debris, removing wood piles and rock walls, and reducing clutter inside and outside your house.
- Seal all entry points into your house with sturdy, rodent-proof material. A mouse or rat can exploit even the smallest cracks, so leave no spot unsealed.
Finding rodents on your property can be concerning, but one call to Viewpoint Pest Management Solutions can make all the difference. We’ll identify what rodents are on your property, how they get inside, and where they spend their time. We’ll then use that information to eliminate the infestation and ensure it doesn’t return.
How Fredericksburg Residents Can Fight Back Against Summer Mosquitoes
Summer nights in Fredericksburg are hard to beat, but nothing ruins one of those summer nights faster than a bunch of buzzing mosquitoes. When all you want to do is relax outside on your porch or enjoy a fire in your backyard, mosquitoes will be there to make it miserable. Is there anything you can do to fight back against summer mosquitoes? There is!
The best way to get rid of mosquitoes around your Fredericksburg property is twofold:
- You must eliminate as much water and moisture on your property as possible. Mosquitoes can not survive without standing water, which is used in breeding. By eliminating even the smallest areas of moisture around your property, you will notice a reduction in the number of mosquitoes.
- You need a mosquito control system from Viewpoint Pest Management Solutions. We use the In2Care mosquito trap system, which works 24/7 to reduce adult mosquito populations and their ability to breed.
For mosquito control that protects you and your property all summer long, contact Viewpoint Pest Management Solutions today.